Through this article, we will talk about the email server settings that you can configure with the AOL account on any of the devices you use. These email settings do include a detailed description of IMAP, POP, and SMTP server settings for the mail. Before we deal with the detailed process to step with the aol.com mail login, let us understand the basic AOL mail server settings for Verizon. So, dive in and understand the topic in detail.
AOL mail settings for Verizon IMAP server settings
You need to enter the mail settings to configure your AOL mail via IMAP:
- AOL Mail IMAP server address (Incoming): imap.aol.com
- IMAP Username: Complete AOL Mail address. For the AOL email, this is your AOL screen name plus @aol.com, for example, email@example.com.
- IMAP password: Your AOL Mail password.
- AOL Mail IMAP port: 993
- AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: Yes
AOL mail settings for Verizon SMTP server settings
You need to enter the mail settings to configure your AOL mail via SMTP:
- AOL SMTP Server Address (Outgoing): smtp.aol.com
- SMTP Username: Your AOL Mail screen name (e.g. whatever comes before @aol.com)
- SMTP Password: Your AOL Mail password
- SMTP Port Number: 587 (With TLS).
- Alternative Port Number: 465 (With SSL)
- Authentication: Required
- Sending Limits: 500 Emails a day or 100 connections a day.
AOL mail settings for Verizon settings for Outlook
Let us get started on how to setup the AOL mail on Outlook using the IMAP server, here are the steps you need to follow:
- First of all, you have to open the Outlook application and tap on the “File” tab.
- Click on the “Add account” button.
- After this, you need to select the checkbox labeled as “Manual setup or additional server types” option.
- Just select the POP or IMAP service and tap on the “Next” button.
- You have to add on the User details for the server information. These details are:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server:smtp.aol.com
- Now, click on the “More settings” option and select the “Outgoing server” tab.
- Just select the mark on the “My outgoing server requires authentication” option.
- After this, you have to check the “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” option.
- On the same screen you have to click on the “Advanced” tab and then verify the details as given below:
- Incoming IMAP server: 993 or 143
- Incoming encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing SMTP server: 587
- Outgoing encrypted connection: TLS
- Tap on the “OK” button to complete the step.
- You have to tap on the “Next” option from the Windows IMAP and Pop account settings.
- If you have entered all the settings correctly then the test task will be done, just tap the “Next” option.
- Finally, the AOL mail settings for Verizon on Outlook have been completed.
If you are looking for the aol mail settings for Verizon then we hope this article has helped you enough. However, there are other AOL email server settings that are mentioned here in this article. You can always reach the customer support team via www.mail.aol.com in case of any queries.