Yahoo is among the top most emailing platforms and it offers to send and receive email over it securely. So, if you are also a Yahoo user then you should know that on Yahoo email you can block up to 1000 accounts from which you do not want to get emails. Many among us are receiving unwanted emails like promotions or newsletters. So, if you are also receiving phishing, promotional, and newsletters emails and you want to stop receiving them over your Yahoo Mail account then you can do it easily. Yahoo offers some amazing features that can help you to stop receiving such types of irritating emails. In this article, we are going to guide you about how you can block or unblock emails on Yahoo.
Methods to stop receiving unwanted Emails on Yahoo
You can stop receiving unwanted emails on Yahoo by implementing two methods:
1: Block Email Address
You can block up to a thousand email addresses over Yahoo Mail. So, if you do not want to get an email from that account you can block it. Your action to block that account will result in stopping to receive any type of email permanently. After blocking the email address you will not be able to receive any type of email from that account. You are free to unblock if you change your mind in the future.
2: Unsubscribe to get Email
You can unsubscribe from the email alert to stop receiving promotions or newsletter on your Yahoo mail account. Unsubscribing the email alert does not mean that you will not get any type of email from that account, it only stops sending the email alerts for which you have subscribed. So, if you are not in the mood to block the email address then you can go with this option to stop receiving email.
Let’s talk go through the steps that will help you block and subscribe to emails on your Yahoo Mail account.
Steps to Block emails on Yahoo Mail account
- Using a device (mobile or computer) visit Yahoo mail login
- Now, log in to your account using your credentials (skip if already signed in)
- Then, navigate on the email which you want to block
- Now, click on the three dots available there
- You will get to see a “Block Senders” option, click on it
- You can delete the received email by blocking it then click on the “Ok” button
- Finally, you have blocked the email successfully
Note: These above steps also will be useful to block emails on Yahoo mobile and block emails on Yahoo and bounce back to the sender.
Steps to Unsubscribe Email on Yahoo Mail account
To stop receiving emails like promotions or newsletters you can use unsubscribe link to stop getting these emails. To do that, look at the steps:
- Using your device access your Yahoo mail account
- Then, open the email that you want to stop receiving
- Scroll to the bottom and look for the “Unsubscribe” option and click on it
- You may need to confirm the action; so, click on the “Yes” button to confirm it
- Finally, you will stop getting emails on your Yahoo account
Steps to Unblock Email on Yahoo Mail
- Using your device navigate to access Yahoo mail account
- Now, head to the settings
- Then, click on the “More Settings” option
- Now, navigate to click on the “Security and Privacy” option
- Select the email address that you want to unblock and then click on the “Delete” icon
- Finally, the email address will be unblocked successfully
Note: If you are not able to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account then you can go through the Yahoo account recovery process to fix the issue.
In short, the block or unblock emails on the Yahoo process is easy and simple. In this article, we have mentioned the steps to complete the process such as block, unsubscribe, unblock email address on Yahoo mail account.